Simple, Reliable, Repeatable. Processes, by definition, are the sequence of work activities that transform supplied inputs into customer-valued outputs. All business run on processes. Process focused enterprises recognize this and ensure processes are optimized for their goals. These companies out-plan, out-execute, out-optimize and out-perform, their competition by using process to drive business performance. They have made a shift so that business processes are built for agility and are liberated from the functional organizations and stove pipe IT applications that support them. Their business processes are managed as valuable assets that create significant benefits through explicit definition, flexible implementation, consistent execution and continuous improvement. Their people understand what customers value, know how their work is getting done and are dedicated to improving how they work. They:
• Gain efficiency and effectiveness in how they deliver customer wants.
• Delight customers with a consistent valued experience across multiple encounters.
• Create flexibility and nimbleness to take advantage of new opportunities.
• Improve performance by managing exceptions and adjusting processes quickly.
• Align Business and IT in collaborative, on-going process improvement.
Our Approach for Process Improvement:
1. Understand what processes create customer value, and deliver competitive advantage.
2. Identify the metrics and objectives for these key processes.
3. Analyze current processes. Process modeling documents processes visually and identifies problem areas and opportunities for process improvement. It provides a common understanding of the entire process sequence, business rules, who participates and how information and other outputs are transformed. It is the basis for future improvement.
4. Identify improvement opportunities where Process focus will create value - Create improvement roadmap based on financial returns like ROI and soft benefits like reduced customer complaints.
5. Execute an improvement process methodology like BPM, six sigma and lean:
· Use measures and data to focus improvement
· Use process modeling to document future and a best practice processes
· Implement improvement across people, process and technology
· Understand and control the processes; continue to optimize and correct
6. Expand implementation based on business priorities and return measures
7. Create a process competency center or steering committee to allow continuous innovation to keep pace with business change and competitive opportunities.
JIT Technologies can help you take the first step in improving a single process or transitioning to an enterprise that is driven by process. See The Process Center of Excellence, or select another offering to explore more, or contact us to see how we can help